Monday, April 28, 2008

Puppy ER...Take 2

Friday night I came home from Park City around 11:30, from having sushi with my bro and some friends. I went into my mom's room to grab Syd and headed into the living room to watch a show or two. It was at that point I realized my poor puppies face was all swollen.


I took her into my mom's room to see if she had noticed the swelling earlier in the night, but she hadn't. She said the only thing she had eaten differently was a pigs ear dog treat. We figured that some benadryl would take care of the swelling, so I gave her a half a pill and just kept an eye on her. Well at 5:30am she woke up, throwing all over the place. Within 30 minutes she had thrown up 7 times. So I rushed her to the emergency vet.


Since it was only 6 am there was limited people on the road and the ER was empty. The doctor got her in and checked her out, she said she could feel that Syd's stomach was still really upset, and she was concerned that the benadryl had not taken the swelling down more. Then recommended 4 different shots, along with hydrating her, they were concerned her electrolytes were low from throwing up so much. So an hour and $212.00 later we were out of the vets office and on our way home. Sydnee is finally back to her sassy self, and all the swelling is gone! My poor baby!

1 comment:

Miss Stace said...

oh your poor puppy. I love dogs!! You should read a book called Marley and Me...about a dog and his owner. its so tender!!