Monday, April 28, 2008

Snowbasin Closing :(


Yesterday was the closing day at Snowbasin -- It is so depressing! Mike, my Mom, Jake, the pups and I went up in the afternoon to drop some things off at the Patrol room. We decided to stay and enjoy the live music on the plaza. There were so many old drunk people, it was such a great time watching them dance away, and the band was great! And it was so nice to sit in the warm sun in such beautiful surroundings! I think I could live up there! As we left Mike and I declared next weekend a "Bird Weekend"! Meaning, we will be skiing Snowbird next weekend, we are already going through withdrawals!


I honestly don't know what I am going to do with my summer. I have thus far created a list of things I want to learn to do, or plan on getting better at.

- I am going to learn to fly fish, I have requested a grey pole with pink string from my step father who builds poles

- Hiking - I plan on doing hikes around the area that I have always heard about -- yet never had the desire to do

- Running - I am going to do a marathon next year, so regardless of what it takes I am going to become a runner. I have my shoes, and schedule and I am slowly working towards endurance...it's going to be a long process :)

- Climbing - I think I will really like the coming down part, but I am sure the getting up there is too....we'll see


- Yoga - This is in honor of my Stephy! I know I will love it, I just need to start going...or have her move here to train me! This will be good for the marathon training as well!

1 comment:

Mindy, Julia and Connor said...

Our family is really going to try and hike more this summer too. Maybe we will see you on some trails. If you find good ones let us know so we can hike them too.