Monday, August 11, 2008

Is it really so bad?

Is it so bad to have an open conversation with a close friend? What I am talking about is those conversations you can have with your closest friends. Where you can be completely honest, and don't have to hold anything back. Sure maybe you say things that you don't completely mean, but isn't that the benefit of having such close friends? That you can say what you want, and don't have to worry because you trust them. Okay now let say this conversation happens over texting. Granted yes you are putting those words out there, that other people can read them, but is it really so bad?

Well I had one or two of these conversations this weekend, and honestly didn't think too much about it. Well until the person that they are about took it upon themselves to pick up my phone while I was away and read thru them all. Yes of course I feel bad that they had to read those things. But honestly I think if they had the audacity to pick up my phone and proceed to read thru the whole thing -- they kind of deserved what they got. Call me a brat -- but it was nothing that I wouldn't say to their face, I was just trying to avoid a situation where I would have to.

So tell me, is it really so bad to have an honest conversation with a friend?

In the mean time I have learned my lesson and now have my phone password protected...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My two cents, what kind of friend picks up anothers phone and goes through their text messages without their permission?

That's the part that I don’t get, cell phones/pda's most often have personal pics, messages, info that others shouldn't have and people (let alone friends) shouldn't go through them without your permission. That would be like going through your bedroom while you're gone. It's messed up

Nicole and Scott Kesten said...

i agree with Z... i believe i have super close friends but none that i would ever pick up their phone and start reading through their text messages.. that whole process requires more than just picking up the phone.

husbands (i believe are exempt from that).. and both of us have been caught reading through each others emails and found each other venting about each other... getting upset about it.. and then realizing it was our own fault for snooping... the key to that story, was it was OUR FAULT for snooping.

anyways, i am so sorry that happened to you. i hope things work themselves out.