Saturday, August 30, 2008

Made it!

So I made it to Greece -- and so did my suitcase! lol

I got into Greece yesterday at 11:00am local time after a delay at JFK. I made it from my first flight to the second in under 30 minutes, only to get out of the gate and sit on the tarmac for over an hour. I was stressing about Ty having to wait at the airport for me -- but little did I know that he had been delayed four hours on his flight. By the time I made it through passport services, waiting for my bag at the wrong carousel and figuring out how to use the phone in Athens, I only had to wait for 30 minutes until his flight got in. Upon his arrival we jumped on the metro and headed into downtown Athens to drop our bags off at one of Ty's friends houses. While there we invited her son Brian to come with us to see the Parthenon, he has lived in Athens his whole life and had never been up there....

After the hike around Athens be grabbed a quick bite to eat at one of the local out door restaurants, it was delicious. We were off after that to pick up out bags, before catching the fairy to Santorini. The fairy was a great 12 hour ride, until I woke up this morning. I was so sick and it was everything I could do to not puke. Luckily we only had 15 minutes left on the boat at this time. I was pretty sure that after I got off I would be fine. But I was wrong. Our hotel picked us up at the port in Santorini and took us for a crazy ride to our hotel. Normally I would have enjoyed the crazy drive, but my stomach was not loving it. After check in I took a nap to hopefully start to feel better, which I didn't. Finally I puked, and after that I felt great. I am thinking the reason I was so sick was due to lack of sleep and dehydration. I was up at 4am Utah time Thursday to leave for the airport and slept very little during the 17+ hours of travel, arriving in Athens at 11am local time not going to sleep until around 12:30 am...so needless to say I had a serious lack of sleep.

Since I was feeling better we took off for the red sand beach. Santorini is a volcanic island so most of the beaches are black sand -- but the red sand beach was defiantly worth the walk. We didn't spend too much time at the beach because we wanted to cruise around and the scooter and see more of the island. It is so amazingly beautiful here -- pictures don't even do it justice. Anyway enjoy! And I will try and post more later, but for now please enjoy the pictures...that won't upload for some reason... I'll have to post them when I get home.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Still Jealous!!!! Looks like you are being taken care of though, I no longer have to worry!! :)