Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Good Day??

What constitutes a good day??? Well mine has been pretty dang good! Last year at this time I applied for a job, a job that I loved. I have been here for a year now and love the people that I work with, but have been longing to get back to the more technical side of things. So when my old job opened up at a promotion I was excited. I felt a bit torn because my currently job is a blast, but felt strongly that I should apply. I interviewed last week on Friday and tried to push it out of my mind of over the weekend. I knew that I had a heads up on the competition, since I had done the job for 3 years previously...but you never really know. Plus it was a little nerve racking being in a formal interview with 3 managers you know so well. Anyhow, today I came into work with the expectation of finding out about the job, but little did I know what the day had in store. First thing my current manager called me in and presented me with a nice raise and promotion! I was so excited! Then my old manager came over and called me over to his office, he then offered me the job. At this point I was in shock! I formally accepted the job, on the condition that I could help my current manager out until he found someone as wonderful as me ;) lol But really, I would never want to leave him in a bind so for now I have two jobs. The ironic part of this whole situation...that I will be going back to my old job one year and one day later then when I left...funny how things work out.

3 comments:

Nicole and Scott Kesten said...

congrats!! what is your new position? and that is very admirable that you are covering for your old boss till he replaces you.. i hate when my employees leave me high and dry. congrats again!

Samantha Jane said...

I am now the Executive Assistant for RSRV IPT. I'll have to explain it sometime :)I also hate it when people up and leave, so I wanted to make sure he was covered. I'm getting excited to see you in Nov!!

Miss Stace said...

Congrats!!