Friday, February 29, 2008

High Maintenance

"As a slang term, it may refer to individuals who require an unusual amount of personal attention or who expend substantial amounts of money or time on their physical appearance."


So the question is -- Am I High Maintenance?

I think this depends on the person you ask. I had one Boyfriend that I was not High Maintenance enough. I had to have my nails done, my toes done, never in flats. And it drove me nuts! Then the follow on man thought I was too High Maintenance. He thought manicures were a waste of money, and it drove him crazy that it took me 35 minutes to get ready. (BTW in girl land 35 mintues is pretty dang quick!) But I am conviced he just likes simple average boring girls.

Is it bad that I take pride in the way I look?

I figure if I am going to go out into the world, I want to look nice, and if it takes a little lip gloss, mascara and nail polish then so be it. But I am who I am -- take me of leave me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think you are high maintenance at all. You pay for everything you get and if you have been given a gift you give just as much back either in love, support or a gift too. You just look nice all the time and dress to impress and there is absolutely nothing wrong with it!! :)

Anonymous said...

Well said.