Monday, March 31, 2008

Abbey

Abbey all grown up

As many of you know I used to live in SLC with my aunt Marcia -- although she didn't technically live there as she spent 99% of her time at her boyfriends house (Dave). Well Marcia got a puppy at the same time my mom did, her name is Abbey and she is Kate's litter mate. At first Marcia's boyfriend Dave was not fond of having a dog in his house, so when Marcia would go over there or to the cabin in Woodland for the weekend I would take care of Abbey. Well after time Dave got used to the idea of having Abbey around and fell in love with her. A little while later Marcia and Abbey moved in with Dave and I moved back to South Weber to live with my mom, and soon after inherited Syd.

Abbey being a good girl staying in the car, Kate tyring to jump out

Well this weekend Marcia and Dave went on vacation to Vegas and needed a puppy sitter so I jumped at the chance to spend the weekend with Abbey! It has been about a year since I had spent some real time with her! I went down Friday after work and Abbey and I just vegged out for the night.

Abbey with her teddy

Saturday she had be up bright and early wanting to run and play outside, so we went for a run together and came back and ate breakfast. I ditched her for lunch and hit up Olive Garden with Jessie, I feel like I NEVER get to see Jess anymore! She is now 12 weeks pregnant! We decided for the evening we would make sour cream enchiladas with her husband and our good friend Bryce and watch a movie. It was so great to spend the whole day with her! And of course the two of us were passed out by 10!

Not the best picture, but Jess, Me and Bryce at Big West Tourny 3 years ago

Sunday was my lazy day! I stayed in my PJ's till noon, then finally got in the shower. I had the great chance to meet up with Matty (my cousin) for lunch at the Red Iguana! I had so much fun talking with him and catching up! He is seriously such an amazing guy! We then went back to his place so I could meet his roommates! Abbey had come along for the ride so we headed home in the late afternoon. When we got home Dave's son Jarel was at the house doing laundry, so I harassed him a little and watched 50 First Dates. Later Mr. Candrian came over and joined us for How to Loose a Guy in 10 Days -- more a movie for me -- but I had the remote!

All in all it was a great weekend and I was so sad to leave Abbey this morning to come into work!

PS. The Basin got 10 inches of new snow -- and I didn't even sluff work! This puts the year total at 412 inches of natural snow....insane! It has been such a good snow year!

No comments: