Sunday, March 23, 2008

It's a Black What?!?!


So my dear friend Chris Zilka "Z" was in town this weekend from Florida to enjoy some of our heavenly ski conditions. Can I just tell you how much I love a beautiful spring skiing day with great snow?!?! Z got into town on Thursday night and was ready to hit the mountain at 9am Friday morning. I met up with him and his buddy Matt at the top of Needles at we were off! Chris let me know right off the bat that he was all about hitting up the greens, and had no intentions on doing anything different, but he was joking and skied like a pro on the blues! I also got him to go down a black on the second day! He's a lot better skier then he gives himself credit for, he just needs to use his poles a little more ;) After a long day of skiing on Friday we went out to dinner at Goodwood BBQ, a new restaurant in Riverdale. It was pretty good, although I ate too many appetizers and could barley eat any of my dinner. I was beyond exhausted after dinner so I went home to bed to rest up for another day of skiing. Saturday was a beautiful day! We had so much fun cruising around the mountain, taking a break for a pizza lunch and later break for hot chocolate! I was disappointed in the hot chocolate this time though -- it was watered down -- so Z and Matt didn't get the full experience! Maybe next year! Anyways it was a fabulous weekend, and I think they should make it a yearly excursion!

View from the top of Strawberry into the Ogden Valley

No comments: