Monday, September 8, 2008

Acropolis

Okay I figured it was time for a catch up! I feel like I blogged about the first day pretty well already, but the pictures would not post. So attached are a few pictures.
The city of Athens, they build all of their churches on hill/mountains

My friend Tyler and I at the Parthenon, it was so stinking hot! After traveling for 24 hours and not sleeping, I was hot sweaty and tired. But it was so amazing! It is almost surreal to stand looking up at these amazing structures, very humbling.

Over looking Athens and Zeus's Temple. I just sat there for awhile trying to soak in the magnitude of it all. In one day I went from my comfort zone in Utah, to seeing things I never thought I would get the opportunity to see. It is a very terrifying yet liberating experience being so far away from friends and family.

Better view of Zeus's Temple
For all the fabulous pictures of the Acropolis link here

No comments: