Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Training

So I started training (again) last night. Okay can I call it training when I only ran a mile and a half? I know it isn't far, but I am on a training schedule that I run every day for 30 days to build up endurance. Yesterday was the first time running that I didn't get frustrated -- so I think I must be doing something right. I finished feeling like I could do more...it is very encouraging and actually makes me excited to go out tonight. My one regret...that I can't carry a camera while I run! While I was out last night I saw a whole bunch of deer! Weird thing they weren't afraid of me, they just sat there looking at me run. They must have got a kick out of me because they actually even turned around to watch me keep going. So Strange. But way cool. Anyhow I will head out again tonight -- wish me luck!

On another note -- so they can't back out!!!!! Steph, Becky and Mindy have all agreed to do the half marathon with me!!!! I am way stoked! Now if I can just convince Nic to come out....hint hint! Also, Aunt Holly.....you are invited too! At this point we are still looking into which one we will do, more then likely it will be spring though.

4 comments:

Mindy, Julia and Connor said...

What about Ski Boot Camp?? Did you miss it? I was wanting to hear about it.

Nicole and Scott Kesten said...

so i am reading you post and so excited about the half for you and then i see my name....

so, tell me the details? when?where? if i could swing it, would love to but i am hopefully getting pregnant soon and then i will be wearing REAL muumuu's! :)

do you think i could get a running muumuu? hahaha

let me know about the half...

Samantha Jane said...

Min -- We didn't go last night do to my mom and Mike having issues with the trencher that they rented to trench our yard for the new sprinkler system. It broke for 3 hours and they had to wait for the guy to come and fix it...so needless to say we missed the class. But I will be going tomorrow. You can come to my desk and laugh at me then.

Nic -- Not sure when it will be. Probably spring. There is nothing that I could be ready for before that...that I have found at least. So if you aren't prego when we do it then you will have to come. If you are then you can cheer me on from afar :) But baby is the only excuse for backing out...lol

Anonymous said...

Where did you go running that you saw deer??