Tuesday, September 30, 2008

ER Take 3.....

This time it wasn't for one of the dogs....it was for me. Before heading to Pineview to take the dogs for a swim I had asked my mom for some Ibuprofen, I had some cramps going on and was in need of pain meds asap. Asked me how many I wanted, I always take 4 so she gave me 4...no biggie. After taking the dogs to the dam we headed back to Ogden for dinner at Austin's parents house. When we got there I realized that my hands and face were numb and I could barley stay awake. For some reason I had the realization to ask my mom if she was sure she had given me Ibuprofen, it then clicked in her head that she had Elavil (Generic Name: amitriptyline) in her pill bottle as well and had given me 4 pills of it instead. Mind you that my step father and her take a quarter of a pill to help them sleep at night. The Elavil and Ibuprofen look exactly the same, except the Elavil is a little smaller so it was an easy mistake. Anyhow, we called poison control and they said I need to go to the hospital to have my heart monitored due to the risk of cardiac problems that could arise. By the time we made it to the hospital I was so out of it I don't remember much. I remember having to drink this nasty charcoal crap, getting an IV, cold sticker things being placed on me to monitor my heart and the heart monitor on my finger falling off every time I moved while I was sleeping and someone putting it back on my finger every few minutes. Other then that it is all a blur, I don't even remember getting home. So after a long night in the ER and a day of sleeping/recovery I am as good as new! :)

3 comments:

Steph said...

I just loved the fact that your mom drugged you up!!!! :) Funny now that I know you are OK!!!!! You can't be doing that anymore though because I couldn't live without my sammy!!!!

Nicole and Scott Kesten said...

so happy you are ok now!! thank goodness you weren't driving yourself!

hope you survived at work today alone :)

Samantha Jane said...

Thanks ladies, you are the best! I am looking forward to Novemeber and Chi-town!!!