Saturday, July 19, 2008

Boycotting

I meant to blog about this awhile ago - -but got distracted and forgot until last night when I began to crave it. A couple of weeks ago my family and I decided to stop by Baskin Robbins for some ice cream. Now normally I don't eat ice cream because it makes me sick, but that night I was willing to try. Now my favorite ice cream at Baskin Robbins is Strawberry Cheesecake, so I politely told that girl that was what I wanted. She responded that they were all out, but that they had cheesecake. So I asked well can I have half a scoop of cheesecake and half a scoop of strawberry? She gave me a really nasty look and said "No I can't do that, But you can buy two kids scoops that equal a normal sized scoop." Okay for all you non-Baskin Robbin'sers a normal scoop $2.50 -- kids scoop $1.90. So basically she wanted me to pay $4.00 for $2.50 worth of ice cream...I don't think so!!! So I walked out, very upset and a goal to boycott Baskin Robbins...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In BR's defense, they really can't create half a scoop. A kid size scoop is 2.5oz and a reg scoop is 4oz. So two kid scoops equal one ounce more than a reg size scoop.

But I do agree that they should have responded a little nicer and suggested an alternative so that you could have had both flavors.

Sorry for your experience.