Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Do you keep the Ring?

So this could be a bit controversial. Lets say I get engaged...(yes I know this is unlikely)...and for some reason either I go crazy or he is a major jerk and we break it off. Do you keep the ring? From what I understand it is common practice if the women breaks of the engagement then she gives it back. If the man breaks of the engagement you can keep the ring. In my opinion I think if you don't get married -- you give it back. Rings/Diamonds are stinking expensive! Plus why would you want to keep that reminder? Anyways I bring this up because Ms. Shayne Lamas is planning on keeping the ring that Matt Grant gave her in the final of the Bachelor London Calling. What do you think? Do you keep the ring? Do you return it? Or in Shayne and Matt's case do you sell it and donate the proceeds to charity as Matt suggested?

5 comments:

Mindy, Julia and Connor said...

I say if you (the girl) break it off you should give it back. If the guys breaks it off it should be up to the girl. Maybe she wants to remember and besides it is a gift. I hate to say it but Mr. Bachelor Grant it is a gift and if she wants to keep it then it was your dime. Sorry. :( Life sucks thats for sure.

Miss Stace said...

She was only in the show so that she could get the diamond. She's a freak. Plus her comment "I'll keep it in a box like a little glass slipper" was idiotic. She bugs. :)

The Life of MattnWin said...

I say its a promise or a contract that a marraige is taking place. No matter who breaks it off it should go back to the person who bought it.

Anonymous said...

Once upon a time, I asked a woman I was deeply, deeply in love with to marry me on a Friday. Saturday we went to the jewelers and bought a rather expensive ring. On Monday she told me "We didn't look good together" and cancelled the engagement. She didn't return the ring and continued to wear it occasionally. I'm glad she kept it. What would I do with it if I got it back? It would only serve as a reminder of a very unhappy incident.

Samantha Jane said...

Dear Anonymous ~
You could have taken the ring back! Most jewelry stores will take the ring back and give you credit. I have had a few friends end up in the unfortunate situation. That is a lot of money to just "give" away. Why is it that women can be such brats? She should have been honest about her intentions from the begining!

S