Friday, July 11, 2008

I Made It!!!!

So after a really long day of traveling yesterday I finally made it to Chicago! My flight ended up being delayed by another hour! But once I got on the plane I was confident that the rest of the day would run smoothly....ha ha ya right! As we were flying into Chicago all you could see was rush hour and I had a sinking feeling. I texted Steph and sure enough she was stuck in traffic. The traffic people were saying it would be another hour and forty minutes to get to the airport and we were looking at over 2 more to get home! We decided the best thing would be for me to take the train and she would meet me at one of the stops. Mind you this was only my second train ride ever, so I was a little nervous. Well rewind to the plane, I can be a bit of an eaves dropper from time to time, so I knew the boy sitting behind me has never been on the train before, but that he was taking it down town....so I walked up to him and baggage claim and asked if he would like to take the train with me :) Yes I realized that neither of us really knew what we were doing, but a little moral support can go a long way! Anyways we get down to where the train picks you up and realize it is closed -- maybe construction?? So we go upstairs take the bus, that drops us off at the train and we are on our way! My new friend Ryan (plane guy) and I chatted the whole ride, and I didn't even get nervous...till I had to get off. I always think of really weird things like -- what if I don't get to the door in time and I can't get off at my stop?? Or what if the train misses my stop and I don't know where I am?? Well needless to say the train did stop, I was able to get off, and Steph was there promptly to pick me up! Although before she got there I did get to meet one of Chicago's nicest and most polite bums. Oh and needless to say with all these adventures we missed the 5K that was supposed to be at 7:30...I was not too bummed about that seeing as though it was a down pour at the time of the race!

1 comment:

Miss Stace said...

I am jealous! I wish i was on vacation!