Monday, July 7, 2008

ML

Matt's blog made me cry today. From the day I found this blog I have been a close follower. Maybe it makes me an insane blog stalker that I feel like I know him...but I feel like it is okay. If you know me, you know that one of my biggest fears in getting married or long term serious relationships is the thought of loosing that person. Matt knows this pain first hand. He dosesn't try to sugar coat the emotion -- it's as raw and real as it gets.

"12 years, 58 days.
first-date to death.
that’s how long
we were together.
realized that this is
the longest i’ve
ever gone without seeing
liz."

"tonight,
it hit me.
she’s gone.
it's finally real"

"i likely won’t realize
it when it arrives, but
12 years and 59 days
from the day of her death,
we will have been
been apart longer
than we were together.
that f**king scares me."

No comments: